Matthew Reade joined Kellogg Hansen as an associate in 2022. Before joining the firm, Mr. Reade served as a law clerk to Judge Jerry E. Smith on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Mr. Reade graduated with honors from The University of Chicago Law School, where he was the executive online editor of The University of Chicago Law Review and the managing student director of the Kirkland & Ellis Corporate Lab. He earned his undergraduate degree in politics, philosophy, and economics from Pomona College, graduating cum laude.
*Admitted in Texas. Not Admitted in the District of Columbia. Practice supervised by members of the firm.
Talking About Affirmative Action, U. Chi. L. Rev. Online (Oct. 30, 2020)
Conservatives Can Benefit From Liberal Colleges, Wall St. J. (May 24, 2018)
The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with honors, 2021
- Executive Online Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
- Managing Student Director, Kirkland & Ellis Corporate Lab
- Donald M. Ephraim Scholar in Law & Economics
Pomona College, B.A., cum laude, 2018
- Politea Prize in Politics, Philosophy & Economics
- Mary Ford Bacon Memorial Prize in Politics
Law Clerk, Judge Jerry E. Smith, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2021-2022