Why Kellogg Hansen?
Kellogg Hansen attracts and retains the finest legal talent to join us in a high-energy and challenging practice that encourages teamwork and camaraderie. Our philosophy is to offer new associates significant responsibility early in their careers. If you want hands-on experience litigating exciting matters, we invite you to consider becoming an associate at our firm.
We believe that the firm’s core attributes - extremely smart and motivated attorneys, a commitment to responsibility for associates, and a rich and diverse practice - make it a uniquely attractive place to begin the practice of law.
From its inception, the firm has been based on the idea that, if given the opportunity, talented young attorneys not only can handle substantial responsibility, but also can produce outstanding results. And, in the firm’s short history, its attorneys have proven that many times over.
Kellogg Hansen Associates HANDLE Substantial Responsibility
Our associates routinely play major roles in cases within a year or two of their joining the firm.
- Associates regularly conduct and defend depositions; argue motions in federal and state trial courts; make formal presentations to prosecutors and regulators; and present and cross-examine witnesses in trials and arbitrations.
- One associate conducted or defended several dozen depositions within a year of arriving at the firm.
- Another associate, within a few months of joining the firm, presented witnesses at a trial in which the firm won $18.2 million for our client; she later successfully defended the judgment as lead counsel before the D.C. Court of Appeals.
- Other associates have prepared witnesses for trial in multi-billion dollar trials.
- Associates who have been with the firm less than a year have played major roles in briefing cases in the Supreme Court and the federal courts of appeals that have led to important victories.
These cases are not exceptions. We are confident that the opportunities available at this law firm - to play an integral part in challenging litigation - are unrivaled anywhere else in the country.
How to Apply
We plan to add more first-rate attorneys to our roster, which currently includes 11 former Supreme Court clerks, seven former Assistant United States Attorneys, two former Assistants to the Solicitor General, and three former Bristow fellows. Other attorneys at our firm have served in senior positions at the White House and the Justice Department. Our new associates typically join us from federal clerkships. Our compensation is more than competitive and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
| Associate Positions |
| Summer Associate Positions |
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Cindy Cotner at 202.367.7766 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Kellogg, Hansen, Todd, Figel & Frederick, P.L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.